• reddot design Award 2013 – Winner
• iF Communication Design – Award 2014
• Stiftung Buchkunst – Shortlist 2014
• Deutscher Fotobuchpreis 2014 – Nominierung
• USA – Good Design Award 2013
• German Design Award 2014, 2015 Nominee
• London International Awards 2013 – Finalist
• Berliner Type 2014 – Diplom
mobile food and foodhunting
The book “mobile food and foodhunting” delivers everything its title promises. The subject matter looks less at Balinese cuisine itself than it does at what it is like to experience this age-old culinary culture. The book serves as a gateway to this world and makes it palpable, transporting the reader and onlooker by means of a visceral, extended love letter that extends beyond mere photography.
The book’s written content, encapsulating the personal experiences of foodhunter Mark Brownstein, takes the form of a single line of text measuring 27.3 m from cover to cover. It is the arrow that gives this piece a sense of direction. It is the pathway of witnessing, recognising, and experiencing foodhunting. It is a kaleidoscopic journey – always fresh, always unexpected–told through boundless images that reveal themselves layer by layer.